Michael Carneiro is in his 7th year working along side Matt Nichol. He is a graduate of the Fitness and Lifestyle Management Advanced Diploma Program at George Brown College and is currently in the Athletic Therapy Program at Sheridan College.
Michael’s qualifications include:
- CSEP-PT Certified
- CPR-HC Certified
- First Responder Certified
- Certified in Soft Tissue Release
- CATA Certification Candidate
In addition to his work with Matt Nichol, Michael is also currently with the Mississauga Steelheads of the OHL as a Student Athletic Therapist.
This position comes as no surprise with his long list of previous experience and expertise. Having actively participated in organized sports since he was a child, he is no stranger to being apart of championship winning teams.
Highlights of his previous experience include:
Host Medical Staff Member
- 2015- IIHF U-20 World Jrs (Toronto)
Student Athletic Therapist at St. Michael’s College 2014-2015
- Jr and Varsity Kerry Blues Football
- Varsity Blue Raiders Basketball – 2015 OFSAA Champions
Head Trainer 2011-2013
- St. Michaels Buzzers Jr.A Hockey Club (OJHL)
- 2012/13 Buckland Cup Champions
- 2012/13 OHF Ontario Champions
Head Trainer 2011
- Inaugural Central Canada Cup All-Star Tournament (Team East, Team South)
Assistant Trainer 2003-2012
- Toronto/Mississauga St. Michael’s Majors
- 2011- OHL Eastern Conference Champions (Mississauga St. Michael’s Majors)
- 2011- Memorial Cup Finalists (Mississauga St. Michael’s Majors)
Michael is committed to the development and success of his athletes, through good training habits, strong technique and hard work!